Corporate Man is called in to investigate reports of vile, unethical business practices at Great American Business Company. What he finds there just might destroy him (except we all know the ending to The Tragic Death of Corporate Man so it should be fairly obvious that it can't really destroy him, though it can come close).

Enslaved by the Bonus Whores is an all new Corporate Man Adventure Serial. Chapters will post every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

After nearly a decade of imprisonment, Corporate Man returns to find the economy in ruins and his deadliest enemies in control of all but a fraction of society's wealth. He embarks upon a quest to set right the wrongs of the business world; a task that will ultimately destroy him.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Chapter 53


2.d.iii

“What’s this?  What’s he doing?”
Tanya shrugged.  “I don’t know.  He’s done this a couple of times.  Just kind of blanks out.  Stares off into space for a minute.  Never seen him do it for this long.”
“Well, it’s shit,” said The Greed with the boy’s mouth.  His voice was noticeably less gurgly.  “I was making a point and about to do something really cool and now… What?  I just have to sit here like a turd in a toilet, hoping for a flush so I can get on with it?”
“If the shoe fi–”
“Don’t.  Don’t even say it.  I’ve got scores to settle with you too, woman.  It’s just… If we get into now and he wakes up while I’m distracted, I’ll miss my big moment.”
“What a shame,” said Tanya.
“Damn right.  I’ve been planning this for a couple of decades now.”  The Greed leaned his boyish host body against a store display.  “Oh well.  I’ll just have to wait then.”
Tanya, likewise, leaned against a shelf.
After a moment The Greed said, “What’s with the freezer bags and the body spray?”
“I don’t know.  It was his idea,” Tanya said.  “If I knew, I wouldn’t have to wait around either.”
“Looks weird is all.”
“You know what… Let’s just pass this time in silence, shall we?”