Corporate Man is called in to investigate reports of vile, unethical business practices at Great American Business Company. What he finds there just might destroy him (except we all know the ending to The Tragic Death of Corporate Man so it should be fairly obvious that it can't really destroy him, though it can come close).

Enslaved by the Bonus Whores is an all new Corporate Man Adventure Serial. Chapters will post every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

After nearly a decade of imprisonment, Corporate Man returns to find the economy in ruins and his deadliest enemies in control of all but a fraction of society's wealth. He embarks upon a quest to set right the wrongs of the business world; a task that will ultimately destroy him.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Support Small Businesses 1

With the wild success of Book 1 of The Tragic Death of Corporate Man, huge multi-national corporations were throwing money at us, practically begging for advertising space.  I told them yes.  Give me that money.  But then the company stooge started writing out the check on one of those snooty, extra long checks.  You know the ones, right?  In that leather binder, three checks to a sheet with little tabs for notes on how best to write off the expense on their taxes?  Well that was a deal breaker for me.  I said to him, "Where were you in January when this blog debuted?  Where was your money when I needed it?  Now I got money thanks to Corporate Man and you think you're gonna give me more money?"  He nodded like I'd just asked the stupidest question in the world.

So I walked away.  I felt low.  And a bit dirty.  I needed a pick me up so I went to the one place guaranteed to lift my spirits.

The comic book shop.

Craig, The Comic Book Guy, handed me a small stack of my favorites that he'd kindly held aside and that's when epiphany struck.  I should use the power of Corporate Man for good.  I should follow the example set forth by the subject of my own superhero creation and set about making the economy a better place.  So starting now, this blog will spotlight small businesses that are friendly to Corporate Man.

The Boise Comic Book Company is such a business.  Avid supporters of the world's favorite economic superhero they have agreed to carry copies of the paperback in their store.  Go visit them at 7011 Fairview Avenue in Boise and buy a copy.  You can even order a signed edition, just inquire at the counter for details, and look for more posts about our friends at the Boise Comic Book Company in the future.

Store hours are Monday 11-5, Tuesday & Wednesday 10-8:30, Thursday - Saturday 10-7.  Phone (208) 546-9471.  Check out their facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Boise-Comic-Book-Company/63346109289